Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Music for Labor Day

Here are some fun working songs to celebrate the Labor Day Weekend. I hope everyone has a great day off! All though this song was originally written by Lee Dorsey in 1966, I like what Devo did with the song, so this is the version I'm posting of "Working at the Coal Mines."





While we're posting about work and Labor Day, here's another good one by Billy Joel, "Allentown."




Finally, here is a clip from the 1976 movie, "Carwash."









12 comments:

csuhpat1 said...

Nice songs-We both picked Allentown-I guess great minds think alike.

messymimi said...

Carwash brings back so many memories. Happy Monday!

bookworm said...

Three songs I knew (and great selections) but I had never seen the movie Car Wash and so enjoyed that clip. Enjoy your week as I'm grateful I don't work in a coal mine or at a car wash. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

John Holton said...

"Car Wash" has a few unpleasant memories associated with it, but it's still a good song. Great songs!

XmasDolly said...

Your first couple of songs everyone thought of but "CAR WASH"? UNIQUE & I LOVES THAT TUNE ESPECIALLY TO DANCE TOO! WAY TA GO & HAPPY LABOR DAY! Hope you're having a great day!!!

Binky said...

Billy Joel made a lot of great songs.

Mary B said...

I had forgotten about Devo - what a fun song! Living in Idaho when I was growing up, we used to sing 'Working In a Spud Mine' Car wash is another that I had forgotten about as well. Great choices today.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Joyce,

Grooy songs! I, especially enjoyed the clip & song for "Carwash". I don't remember seeing the movie, though. It looks like one of those goofy, fun flicks. Thanks for making me smile. Have a good week and thanks for dancing with the 4M gang!

Stacy Uncorked said...

All excellent choices, Joyce! I'd forgotten about a couple of them! :) Thanks for the dance!

mail4rosey said...

I think the Judds sang the Coal Mine song too. I vaguely remember it from a long time ago. :)

Michele at Angels Bark said...

Hey Joyce,
Sorry that it took me all week to get over here! It's been one of those weeks...
We had the same songs. I love the Workin' in a Coal Mine song, both Devo's and Dorsey's. Great videos to both. My grandfather was a coal-miner so seeing those images really touch me.
And Car Wash: what a great song! I love when I hear that song. It's always a rush of memories.

Hope you had a good Labor Day weekend, a good week and hope you'll have an even better weekend!

Michele at Angels Bark

Mike said...

Been a while since I heard Allentown thanks for sharing!