Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Story of Angela and Eggy

Because you wanted to know . . .


On a May day in a Memphis classroom, multiple eggs were decorated, weighed, and named before sliding down a chute made of shoe box lids into kid designed landing pads. With ten sheets of newspaper and an arms' stretch of masking tape, kids designed these cushions. Thus, The Egg Drop Competition began. 

In order to properly place landing pads, students filled plastic Easter eggs with rocks. These practice eggs weighed the same as real eggs and got cracked before reluctant eggs ran the chute. 

To "egg" them on, kids cheered and clapped and then the trek began. Most eggs fell to their sudden death; however, Angela and Eggy were survivors. They even successfully slid down the high dive, the top of the book shelf. 

The best landing pads were funnel shaped with lots of give. Anyone who folded newspapers put their eggs in grave danger. As winning eggs, they received the reward of going home with the teacher to be eaten.

However, they became blog celebrities on Wordless Wednesday. I know you want to know about the Wordless Wednesday before this one, when I missed it doing something secret. Sorry, but I still can't reveal. I will let you know soon.

6 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Kudos to Angela and Eggy for surviving the "gauntlet" :-)

messymimi said...

Wow, i wish my teachers had done stuff like that with us when i was in school.

Hope they tasted good!

Rhonda Albom said...

What a wonderfully fun project you did with your class. Congrats to the artists who created Angela and Eggy. Although, if the project was in May, I hope you didn't wait this long to eat them. :)

LA Botchar said...

that's a cool experiment I bet my kids would love doing!
And then.... egg salad sandwhiches for a week! LOL

Unknown said...

Only the fittest survive :D Were they good?

mail4rosey said...

haha 'egging them on.' You're funny. :)