Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Musical Monday: Don't You Want Me

Fourteen-year-old Scotty couldn't speak, was blind in one eye, deaf in one ear, needed a daily enema to move his bowels, was severely mentally challenged, and basically couldn't do much but sit in his wheel chair waiting for a fresh diaper and a spoon full of soft food that he would spill out of his mouth as he tried to chew; however, when Don't You Want Me by The Human League sang over the radio, he'd light up like a glow worm. Not only will I forever remember Scotty's bright smile and gurgling sounds over this song, but I still think of him whenever I hear it. Here's to a special boy, hopefully turned man, Scotty.





Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.



PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!





20 comments:

Debbie D. said...

Poor Scotty! How great that a song could affect him in such a positive way. I sure remember this one; catchy. Happy MM Joyce. :-)

Liz said...

I love Human League!

stevebethere said...

What a lovely tribute to a special person :-)

Brilliant choice Joyce (that rhymed), not long ago there was a documentary on TV about The Human League on TV here it was quite interesting.

Masshole Mommy said...

Scotty has great taste in music. I loved that song back in the 80's, too!

mail4rosey said...

What a sweet introduction to the song.

I used to love that song, that one goes way back for me. :)

Lucy said...

My sister worked with Special Ed students for years and she often spoke about music and how it touched the students and her.

Oh, and that song, wow, memories, which I won't divulge lol

Lucy from Lucy's Reality

Unknown said...

This is a sad way to live. I too love this song

LA Botchar said...

that is so sad, but yet wonderful story of how music has the power to move us: no wonder our abilities in life. we just have to open up and allow it

XmasDolly said...

Oh yes, you are a special person too to put such a tribute to that child. I wonder what it was that he loved so much about this song unless it was the beat do you think? Whatever it was at least there was something that made him happy & didn't need help with. Enjoying music! Thanks for sharing.

Lynn Blaylock said...

Oh what a sweet post. I love that he may not have been very able but his spirit was so alive. Have a great week. Thanks for sharing your story.

Colette S said...

Isn't it amazing what music can do!
Now I want to learn more about Scotty!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Isn't the power of music so amazing? What a sweet tribute to Scotty - and I've always loved the song, too. Now even more. :)

If You Want Some It Goes Like This with a Little Bit Of Everything Blowin’ Smoke in Cups

shelly said...

I love this song.

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

What a great song that I have not heard in a long time.
Nice tribute to Scotty.
~Naila Moon

Ramakant Pradhan said...

Lovely song. Felt good to listen to it again.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

What an amazing and powerful tribute. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how something as simple as a song can stimulate a child! Sounds lome Scotty has a special pkace in your heart and really great taste in music! ;)

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the typos! I was replying from my phone! A little phone and fat fingers don't work! :-p

Cathy Kennedy said...

Music has a captivating way of speaking to everyone of us, even those you first think are not even aware of it. Thanks for sharing such an inspiring story about Scotty and for dancing with the 4M crew!

A said...

I love 80's music and I like this song too! :) Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. :)

Happy Music Monday on a Thursday! :)