Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Theme Thursday: Sunshine

In honor of the theme "Sunshine" I'm sitting in my den during a vicious night time rainstorm, while hoping our power doesn't go out again. Here are some ridiculous songs that sing about the impossible and expect us not to question it.

 

She sings about walking on sunshine and asks, "Don't it feel good?" Actually, it would hurt. One would burn the heal and toe. How can one walk on sunshine?

 
This actress sings about having a pocketful of sunshine, but I say, "No FREAKING way!" Sunshine would burn a hole right through a pocket and that would never work.


Ain't no sunshine when she's gone? Really? One chick leaving is going to make the sun go away? Like that would happen! Of course, "ain't no" is a double negative which means the sun still shines, so I guess this one might work.


Wow! These songwriters must really think we're stupid to believe all that!
 
Which reminds me of one of my favorite movie quotes from Zoolander... 

Derek Zoolander: What is this? A center for ants? How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read... if they can't even fit inside the building?                                                                Mugatu: Derek, this is just a small...                                                                          Derek Zoolander: I don't wanna hear your excuses! The building has to be at least... three times bigger than this!  



6 comments:

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Yes, some songs are quite ridiculous but they still have a way of making us sing along.

mail4rosey said...

I liked the clips and love the songs (ridiculous concepts or not, lol). :)

On a sunny note...it's the weekend, woot!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I like your take on the validity of those songs!

Jessica L. Celaya said...

Hilarious. The song lyrics are rather impossible.

Binky said...

You're saying song lyrics don't make sense?
I am shocked. Now I don't know what to believe.

Mrsupole said...

Hi Joyce,

I really thought I left a comment here. I remember watching all three videos and enjoying the music and reading what you wrote and the quotes, although I know it was when I had awaken in pain from my earache and so I could have watched them and passed out again and who knows where my iPad went. But then again I was worried that I had left a really outlandish comment on someone's blogsite and it gotten erased. I used to do that a lot when I first started taking the sleeping pills for my insomnia problem. I would start to write a comment and then fall asleep in the middle of it and still be pressing on a key so the comment would look like thissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss maybe only 50 times longer and then somehow I would hit enter. Everyone used to think they were so funny, well mostly because they knew I had fallen asleep in front of the computer. Or I would write a lot of cuss words on some posts and then spend the next couple of days apologizing. Or just write the dumbest comments that made no sense at all. Heck I am not even sure if I had written some of my posts in that condition. I would really have no memory of anything or the memory would be as if I was watching a movie and I was the star. Oh those were the days and so many apologies.

Anyway if I did write something outrageous, I do apologize and swear I have no memory and if I did not then whew, I dodged another bullet. I really did enjoy the videos and laughed at what you wrote because it is so true. If we believed what most songs said then the world would be a different place and the Wizard of Oz would be real and I would not have to apologize, I would just sing a diddy.

Happy Theme Thursday and hope you are having a great weekend and your electricity is still working.

God bless.